Saturday, January 5, 2013

Crockpot Cocoa

Christmas and New Years may have come and gone, but hot cocoa season is still in full swing. I spent my winter vacation with my family in my home state of Maine, where we got a generous serving of snow. I have grown quite accustomed to the warm and dry climate of California, so the wet and cold conditions of my New England home chilled me right to the bone on more than one occasion. But that did not bother me one bit. It was a perfect excuse to try out this recipe for Crockpot Cocoa.

This was so easy and honestly the best Hot Cocoa I have ever had. It was an instant hit with my family. We made it three times while I was home! Give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Ingredients:

2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
6 cups of Milk
1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract

Instructions:

Put all ingredients in slow cooker, set on low for 2 hours. Whisk periodically to incorporate all the chocolate chips. Serve with whipped topping or marshmallows if desired. This recipe would be great for when you have company over. It makes about 8 or 10 servings. Our family of six were all able to go back for a little extra. Enjoy!

Miranda Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment